Imagine you’re going on a vacation and will be away from your TV for a while. What happens to your DSTV subscription then? What about when you have to go on a work trip and there’s no one else at home? You don’t want your active DSTV subscription to go to waste without anyone using it, not in this economy. In such cases, here’s what you can do to suspend your DSTV subscription temporarily.
Although DSTV is a prepaid service (you pay before you watch) subscribers are allowed to suspend their account for the period of 7 – 14 days (1 – 2 weeks) twice in a year. It’s true. Subscribers prefer pay-per-view but we’ll make do with what we have. It comes with a catch though.
- You can only suspend your account twice in a year.
- You must have an active subscription validity of at least 7 days before applying for suspension.
- Make the suspension request 2 days before the desired date of suspension.
- You can only suspend your account for a minimum of 7 days and maximum of 14 days at a go.
How To Go About It
To suspend your DSTV subscription temporarily, here are three ways you can go about it. The only thing you need is a scanned copy of your ID card which could be your national ID Card, Voter Card or International Passport. To suspend your DSTV account temporarily, just:
- Send a suspension request mail to “email@example.com” with the subject as “Temporal service suspension of DSTV account” stating your account details with the scanned copy of your id card attached.
- Or put your request through to DSTV support on 234 908 236 8533, supply them all details to verify that the account belongs to you and they’ll guide you on what to do.
- Alternatively, you may prefer to visit any DSTV service centre around you. Go with valid ID and request for your account to be temporarily suspended.
To reconnect your account after suspension, you need to do nothing. Your account is automatically reconnected once the suspension time elapses. Of course, making DSTV, data, airtime, electricity, insurance, GOTV, Startimes and other payments is easy peasy when you use VTpass!