It’s no secret that utility bills payment is an unavoidable part of the adult human life. They have grown to become an integral part of the human life. Although everyone pay bills, it may differ in size and price. Utility bills are a necessary expense because they provide access to services that are essential for modern life, such as electricity, gas, water, among others. Without these services, it would be difficult to maintain a comfortable quality of life.
- According to the NIBSS, 19.4 trillion Naira was transferred via mobile in 2022, which is 141% more that the amount carried out in 2021. This means that Nigeria have embraced the digital method of paying bills, as opposed to paying with cash.
- Nigerians spend over 60% of their monthly income servicing utility bills.
- Nigeria is one of the top 5 countries in Africa for utility bills payments. This is reflective of the country’s large population and high rate of economic growth.
- About 70% of utility bills in Nigeria are paid by individuals, with the remaining 30% paid by businesses.
- The average Nigerian spends approximately 5% of their monthly income on utility bills. This is an important expense for households in Nigeria, as it can have a significant impact on their budget.
These 5 surprising stats about utility bills payment in Nigeria show just how important this type of expense is for people in the country. From cash payments to direct bank transfers, utility bills are a necessary part of life in Nigeria. It’s important to be aware of the payment options available and various means that makes bills payment easier, faster and more accessible.
As always, VTpass remains the number 1 utility bills payment platform that offers you seamless payment experience. It also priomises swift delivery of the value for which you pay for. This is one of the tools we have built in place to aid you always get prompt value, irrespective of any irregularities that may arise.
In conclusion, bills payment with www.vtpass.com is superfast, easy and very convenient. In addition, you get 24/7 access to our support team to help you through any glitch you might have. Why don’t you try us today?