So here is how you register for the 2020 General Certification of Examinations (GCE) sitting:
- First, you need to buy Registration PIN online
- Register online on WAEC
- Read WAEC General Information before the examination
Buy Registration PIN online
Technology has made life easier and you can’t afford to be left behind. The coronavirus pandemic effects have further changed the way education is acquired and exams written.
- Simply log on to www.vtpass.com/waec-registration
- Fill in your correct details (your phone number and email)
- Click Continue to move to payment page
- Confirm and complete payment (no extra charges)
Easy! Registration PIN is delivered to you via email, the web, and text immediately after payment. No stress. No delays.
The age of registration centers is ending fast. Online provides better convenience, registration speed, and saves you cost.
With your registration PIN in hand, simply head over to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ to register online. Registration would be performed over 9 steps:
- Enter Bio Data
- Capture your picture using WEBCAM
- Contact Information
- Selection of Preferred Examination center
- Selection of subjects
- Submitting of registration
- Printing admission notice/photo card
Other Registration Information
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must dearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and subjects are correct.
They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
WAEC General Information
Before and after registration, we advise you to go through the following general information:
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one center will be canceled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with a mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results canceled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results canceled but may be prosecuted.